In 1956, Bill Flanary got his start in the machining industry through the United States Air Force as an apprentice machinist trained at the now-defunct Plattsburgh Air Force Base, in Plattsburgh, New York. He and his family have been in machining ever since. After serving in the Air Force for four years, Bill went to work for an Oklahoma City gasket company in 1964, eventually becoming plant supervisor for the company’s special products division and overseeing numerous government contracts.
Who we are and what we do
In 1977, Bill Flanary became the co-owner of Jimco Inc., founded by Jim Pafford and Jim Hunt in 1974. He renamed the company to Flanco Gasket and Manufacturing Inc. in 1991 to better reflect the company’s core products and services and ownership, after he bought out the original founders. Since Bill Flanary’s involvement in the late 70s, Flanco Gasket and Manufacturing has seen the addition of a machine shop and tool and die department, as well as steady growth. In 2005, an additional machine shop was built after the CNC department outgrew its original space. The addition brought Flanco’s machining and manufacturing capacity to nearly 34,000 square feet.